Emails are delivered to guests in four unique situations:
- Booking confirmed - includes the following:
- Reservation confirmation #
- Reservation details (party size, date, time)
- Guest details (first & last name, phone, email)
- Venue details (address, contact phone, directions)
- Modifications - gives the guest the ability to modify or cancel the reservation.
- Booking modified - this email will be delivered to the guest if there is a modification to their reservation (ie - change in date, time, party size, etc.). Please note that the guest will have the option to modify and/or cancel the booking through the 'Booking confirmed' email. This feature can be deactivated through the Web Portal Figure 1
- Booking reminder - this email goes out 'x' minutes before the reservation time to remind the guest of their upcoming reservation. The time 'x' can be modified through the Web Portal, Email tab. Figure 1
- Booking cancelled - this email will be delivered to the guest if the reservation is cancelled. Please note that the guest will have the option to modify and/or cancel the booking through the 'Booking confirmed' email (modifications can only be made based on table availability at the time of modification). This feature can be deactivated through the Web Portal, Features tab. Figure 2
Deactivating email communications to your guests:
if you would like to turn off email communications to guests, please use the following method:
- Enable 'Stop Guest Emails'. Figure 1
*Please note that this is an all or none feature, there is no way to keep some email communications on and others off.
Manager Email Notification:
You also have the option for yourself, or someone from your staff, to receive email notifications when the following instances occur:
- New booking is made
- Existing booking is cancelled
- Existing booking is updated
These emails will be delivered by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email template customizations:
Email templates are NOT customizable, however, there is an option to include a customized text - 'Message from the Restaurant.' This message is HTML based and can hold up to 2,000 characters (HTML inclusive). This message will appear on the 'Booking Confirmed', 'Booking Modified', and 'Booking Reminder' emails. Figure 1
Article is closed for comments.