Shift & Capacity Exceptions
In many instances, you might want to turn off the ability for guests to make reservations from your booking widgets (via your website, Facebook page, and/or Zomato listing). Perhaps there is an upcoming private event that is closed to the public, or perhaps you're closing on a holiday. Please follow the below instructions:
- Click on the Main Menu (three little bars at the top left).
- Select 'Settings'.
- Enter you 4 digit pin code (if enabled).
- Select 'Shift & Capacity Exceptions' from the bottom row.
- Click 'Add Exception' from the top right.
- Select the date and give your exception a name. Then click 'Done' at the top right.
- The system will then create an 'Exception', overriding your 'Daily Template.' Click 'OK'.
- Your exception will now appear in the list of 'Active Exceptions'.
- To turn off your hours of operations (closing the restaurant), click 'Edit Shift'. Then toggle off all shifts (the green button should turn grey). Note that your team will not be able to use the Book Pro App on this particular day (not even to seat walk-in parties). This will also cause your online booking widgets to show 'Closed.'
- To simply turn off your online capacity, leaving the restaurant open, click 'Edit Capacity'. Then click 'Assistant' and 'Set Reservation Limits for <date selected>'. Next select 'Cover Limit', input '0' and toggle the button to on (green). Don't forget to hit 'Save'. You'll now see red bars across all time slots, indication that reservations have been turned off. Using the 'Edit Capacity' option will allow your team to continue using the App, however, online booking widgets will show 'Full.'
Article is closed for comments.