As a 'Restaurant Admin', you can import bookings and customers from a CSV file. This is not standard practice and this tool has been built specifically to work in a way required by individual restaurant partners. If you are an authorized user for this feature, you will see your restaurant/group name in the options. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a requirement for this tool.
To import a file, please follow the below instructions:
- Login to the Web Portal.
- Select 'Import' from the lefthand side, under the 'Admin' section.
- Click on 'Choose File' button to select your import file.
- Select template type by choosing a type from the 'Select Type' dropdown. For bookings, select the one that applies to your organization since the format of the file is specific to you.
- Click 'Upload' button to upload your file and start the import.
- Use the 'Refresh' button to update the status until the 'Upload Status' changes from 'Processing' to the following:
- Success - The upload was successful and you will see the 'Processed' column indicating the number of rows from the import file that processed.
- Error - The upload failed and there will be an 'Error' column with the count. You can select this error count to get details on the error. Please correct errors and re-upload.
Handling bad data that has been processed into the system:
In the event that you upload a file successfully that has bad data and you are not able to manually go into the system and 'cancel' or 'correct' this data, then there is an option to remove the data that is specifically in the last file you successfully processed. There will be a remove 'red' button in the Actions column. By using this, the system will only remove the data associated to the unique Ids in that file. You can then correct the data in the file and re-import the file.
Viewing the required formats of the various import files (Import Types):
If you need to understand the format that is expected in the import file, there are templates you can view. Select the Templates by clicking either 'Customer Template' or 'Booking Template' as shown on the image below.
Article is closed for comments.